Basil Pisqueya Cocktail
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fennel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 oz lime juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/4 oz agave syrup
- 8 dashes Pisqueya hot sauce
- 6 oz Brooklyn Sorachi Ace beer
Make basil fennel syrup. In a pot bring to boil water, basil and fennel for 10 minutes. Add sugar and boil for another 5 minutes until sugar dissolves.
Remove from stove strain, cool and pour into a container.
Shake and mix 1oz of the basil fennel syrup along with the lime juice, lemon juice, agave syrup and Pisqueya in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Strain and pour cocktail mix into a glass and then add the Brooklyn Sorachi Ace beer.
Recipe NotesAdd a fennel twig to garnish cocktail glass. Enjoy!
Moro de habichuelas negras
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (corn preferably)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 small onion finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1/4 green bell pepper finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic (about 2 garlic cloves)
- 10 sprigs cilantro finely chopped (about ½ cup) (wash sprigs thoroughly and cut the lower stems off and discard)
- 1 dash oregano
- 2 cans black beans (about 31 oz). If fresh beans preferred, rinse and boil 1-2 hours prior to use.
- 4 cups rice
- Salt & Pepper
Heat vegetable oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, oregano, salt, black pepper, garlic and black beans (grains only, no liquid) and cook for 7 minutes.
Add 5 cups of water to pot; bring liquid to boil. Add rice and bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cilantro sprigs.
When 85% of the water has evaporated cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer over very low heat.
Remove rice from heat
Evenly divide rice among serving bowls; drizzle with Pisqueya.